Re: How to handle 64bits stabs ?

Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com> writes:

> currently objdump -G (--stabs) can only display 32bits stabs.
> However mach-o 64bits files have a 64bits
> value field and therefore the output of objdump is bogus.
>
> How to deal with that ?  Should we make bfd_get_arch_size working on
> mach-o and use this function ?

You would have to restrict it to Mach-O.  Other 64-bit targets
continue to use 32-bit stabs, which is arguably incorrect but is a
backward compatibility issue.  So I think the right approach is going
to be to add a new field to the bfd_target structure.  That is a
little painful since you will have to modify all the existing
declarations, but the runtime cost will be low.

My understanding is that Mach-O has switchd to DWARF anyhow.

Ian