Fixing load address to eliminate local dynamic relocs

Hi,

    I would like to do fix the loading address of shared libraries and
thus eliminate dynamic relocs to local symbol to save space.  Is there
any way to do it with command line options or a script?  I have looked
at the ld manual and it appeared there was not a way to do it.

-Doug