Re: [Patch] Add --identify option to dlltool

Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> 2008-11-08  Charles Wilson  <...>
>>
>> 	Add --identify option to dlltool.
>>
>> 	* binutils/dlltool.c: Added new global variables
>> 	identify_imp_name and identify_dll_name.
>> 	(identify_dll_for_implib, identify_search_archive,
>> 	identify_search_member, identify_process_section_p,
>> 	identify_search_section): New functions.
>> 	(usage): Added --identify.
>> 	(long_options): Ditto.
>> 	(main): Handle --identify option.
>
> This looks useful

Thanks!

> but I think it needs a few more comments.

Fair enough. I didn't want to spend too much time on that without some
feedback on (a) whether it was acceptable at all [*] (b) implementation
-- perhaps there's a better way to implement this, as well as stylistic
comments, and (c) ...lurking bugs?

I'll take "useful" as answering (a), but I'll hold off for some (b) and
(c) comments before reworking the patch.

[*] otherwise, I'd've had to add a new utility to cygutils, but then it
wouldn't be universally available for libtool to use (given a
cygwin/mingw-target toolchain), and I'd have to add another
win32-specific prog/var (DLLTOOL, OBJDUMP, and ???) to the libtool
script's TAG_VARS...I much prefer extending dlltool!

--
Chuck