Re: COMMITTED: Add support for STT_IFUNC

Hi Andreas,

+ @item STT_IFUNC
+ Mark the symbol as an indirect function when evaluated during reloc
+ processing.  (This is only supported on Linux targeted assemblers).

This sentence is confusing.  What reloc processing is meant here?
Literally taken, this sentence says that the symbol is not marked right
now, but at some later point in time, and that it involves evaluating
the symbol.

I see. How about this rewording then:

  "Mark the symbol as an indirect function.  This has the same
   semantics as STT_FUNC except when the symbol is referenced by
   a relocation.  In this case the symbol's value is not used in
   the relocation but instead the symbol is invoked as a function
   taking no arguments and the return value is used in the
   relocation.  This also means that processing of the relocation
   must be delayed until run-time".

Cheers
  Nick

PS. I am about to go off on vacation for a couple of weeks, so if I do not reply to emails on this subject straight away, that is why.