Re: [patch]: Patch for wince

2009/1/2 Pedro Alves <pedro@codesourcery.com>:
> On Thursday 01 January 2009 23:53:42, Kai Tietz wrote:
>
>> I was recognized this issue, while trying to build binutils head for
>> mingwce.
>
> Ok, I see.  I was a bit surprised to see these patches, especially the
> one that introduces cegcc to configury bits.  I could only assume
> there was more to come.  But please don't get me wrong, I *am* happy to
> see them.
>
>> But if you have already patched, it would great if you could
>> merge it with binutils head.
>> So double work can be avoided.
>
> Since mingw32ce isn't a supported configuration in
> FSF binutils, I had assumed that people wouldn't be fixing mingw32ce
> related problems here.  I certainly can't know about problems
> reported to you directly.
>
> In this case, the problem is probably triggering on arm-wince-pe as
> well, but, the windres.exp test is being skipped there, so it
> went unnoticed.
>
> --
> Pedro Alves

Ok, well. I would like to have the mingwce support in mainline, too. I
think, it is important to see all targets depending in someway on
mainline. And as past has shown, it isn't good to have isolated
branches, which aren't known and therefore will run out of sync.
While debugging and taking a look on mingwce, I was able to track some
problems in binutils down. As more targets there are, as much
knowledge we can get by them, which will improve the support of all
mingw targets IMHO.
As you are the maintainer of mingwce (IIUC) and you have a better
sight over the changes it needs, I think it would be best that you
could prepare the patches tosync it with mainline.

Cheers,
Kai