Re: [patch]: make idata$4 and .idata$5 more compliant to coff spec

Kai Tietz wrote:
> 2009/1/6 Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>:
>> Hi Kai,
>>
>>> Ok, how should I name it?
>>> For dlltool maybe the option --prefixed-import-tables and same for ld?
>> Using the same name for both tools is a good idea.  I would suggest a
>> slightly more informative name though.  How about
>> --use-nul-prefixed-import-tables ?
>>
>> Cheers
>>  Nick
>>

> Well, a bit long ;) but OK for me. I thought about
> --use-old-style-import-tables, but this isn't shorter, too.

    Hi Kai, and Nick,

  I have a longer post coming, but since Kai's about to start reworking the
patch I'll just chuck in that I'd prefer it if the dead code was deleted
rather than commented-out.  I have no problem with the change or the
default state of the switch, after all this is HEAD we're talking about.

    cheers,
      DaveK