Re: Thumb-2 assembler fixes, 0/5

Nick Clifton wrote:

> Note - since Mark is a binutils ARM maintainer, and all of the these
> patches are ARM specific, he could just apply the patches himself.  (Or
> even ask you to apply them on his behalf).

I believe I'm only a maintainer for the ARM SymbianOS aspects of
Binutils.  So, I don't think I get to approve patches for the generic
ARM bits.

A related policy question, though, is whether a patch needs to be
re-approved if it's already been reviewed by an FSF maintainer when it
went into our internal tree.  For example, if Paul reviewed the patch
when it was written, does it need to be re-reviewed when contributed?

I don't have an opinion; the obvious trade-off is between more review (a
good thing, in general) and more work (not such a good thing).

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery