Re: Binutils 2.19.1 Released

On Feb 9, 2009, at 12:49 PM, M R Swami Reddy wrote:

Patches are not automatically put in the release branch - that's a manual process. If you want patches to
be in the release branch you have to propose them.

Thanks for the update.
Could you please let me know the process to add my patches to release branch?

The easiest way is to ask when you submit the patches.
For your specific patches, please give the URL of the commit message in the binutils-cvs mailing list
archive (http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/)

So there is nothing wrong, that's just the normal procedure.

OK.
Is the 2.19.1 release patches included in the latest snapshots (like 2.19.50 tar file)? Please confirm.

Yes. There is no 2.19.1 specific patches (except for release purpose such as setting the version).

Tristan.