Re: How does gas ARM compiler handle '@' in .symver --- ANS: NEVERMIND

Alan Lehotsky wrote:
> Nothing like answering my own question.  I should have grepped the gas
> source directory instead of the config
> directory.  The correct answer is that for TC_ARM we specially parse the
> .symver directive.

  Ya beat me to it... I was just about to send you this!

Alan Lehotsky wrote:
> I could build an ARM toolchain and debug my way to understanding, but if
> anyone knows the secret to this, you could save me some struggle.

  I don't think comment characters are recognized in the middle of strings.

> I've done a quick scan thru gas/config/tc-arm.[ch] without seeing
> anything that appeared to be relevant.

  It'll be part of the generic preprocessing in app.c... ah, here we go:

#if defined TC_ARM && defined OBJ_ELF
/* The pseudo-op for which we need to special-case `@' characters.
   See the comment in do_scrub_chars.  */
static const char   symver_pseudo[] = ".symver";
static const char * symver_state;
#endif

    cheers,
      DaveK