Re: Symbol assignment in testsuite

On Thursday 16 April 2009 03:08:12 Alan Modra wrote:
> We have a problem with tests that are supposed to run on all targets.
> alpha uses .set to enable or disable various features, hppa and z80
> use a different syntax for .equ to other targets, and blackfin doesn't
> support "=" to assign symbol values.  That leaves just one option for
> assigning values to symbols that works on all targets, at least for
> tests that don't assign the same symbol more than once.

how about a test for the test suite ?  ".set" and "=" keep slipping in and
causing us non-common peeps annoyances.  if a simple test grepped all of the
test suite for those known patterns and barfed when found ...

the reason we havent been able to support "=" so far in the Blackfin assembler
is due to the algebraic assembler syntax.  maybe Jie will be able to wrap his
head around it though and rewrite the parser ... or at least get us "=="
support since that will only occur in very few expressions ...
-mike