Re: ARM-ELF -> PE-COFF with objcopy

Nick Clifton wrote:
Don't try to convert the object file, instead try converting the fully linked executable.

The problem is that object files contain relocations and objcopy is not really able to translate these between different file format types.

I've seen that objcopy can't do so reliably. In my case the speech codec lib has zero dependencies on any libc functions and all it has is a bunch of extern "C" functions and const static tables. So, I was thinking that this should be the simplest case and I decided to try it.

Since the entire app can't be compiled by RVCT, then I need to compile speech codec as a shared library and then convert that shared lib to dll, right?