Re: PATCH: Support LD_AS_NEEDED

H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Dave Korn
> <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> H.J. Lu wrote:
>>>  Today we have
>>  The existence of bad practices in legacy code can't be a justification for
>> continuing them in new code.
>>

> It is a matter of opinion.

  Agreed.  I thought there was something about this in the GCS, but I can't
find it now.  I certainly remember that this has come up before and have
always thought that it was policy - perhaps only informally, since so much of
what we do is informal! - for binutils, and maybe gcc, to avoid introducing
any new uses of this idiom.

    cheers,
      DaveK