.bss section and bss_start symbol

readelf shows different addresses for .bss section and the __bss_start symbol. Shouldn't they be the same?

I am talking about non-relocatable ELF files. I am not saying this is a bug. I just don't understand why the address listed for .bss in the section listing is not the same as the value listed in the symbol table listing for __bss_start.

Thanks.
Jim W.