Re: [patch i386 pe]: Allow multilib version gas for i386 pe-coff

H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Kai Tietz <ktietz70@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Well, I tried this and I found that in gas/output-file.c obj-coff.h is
>> included, but the tc-i386.h isn't. So if I move code into tc-i386.h I
>> get build failures for PE(+) x86/x64
>>
>> So, how to continue here?
>>

> How does Linux/x86-64 deal with this issue?

  HJ, perhaps you can explain the motivation for your change request a bit
clearer.  ISTM that ELF does things one way, COFF another.  All the other COFF
targets define TARGET_FORMAT in cpu-specific chunks of obj-coff.h, ELF and
AOUT targets define TARGET_FORMAT in cpu-specific header files.  This is
probably just a historical accident, but I'm not sure why that means we should
try and fix it now for just one single target?

  FTR, I'm happy with the patch either way, just so long as it works!

    cheers,
      DaveK