Re: [patch] Add plugin support for bfd

Hi Rafael,

Sorry for the long delay in replying this time - I have been away on vacation for the last two weeks.

The patch is good - I have now checked it in. There was only one small issue - the ar and nm programs were listing --plugin in their --help output even when they were not configured with plugin support enabled. I have fixed this.

 * Ideally you should add a test or two to the binutils testsuite to check
the plugin support. Â This might be kind of tricky to write however...

Ideally we would use the same plugin used to test the gold support. Do you know if it is possible to do so?

Hmm, I have not looked into this, but I think that it should be possible. It might take some effort since gold uses a different test harness to the rest of the binutils but in theory it can be done.

Cheers
  Nick