copying binary input target to a mach-o-le output target

Hi,

I am using objcopy to copy binary data directly into an object file for linking into my executable. I do this under Linux without issue using the following command.

objcopy --input-target=binary --binary-architecture=i386 --output-target=elf32-i386 <binary_input_file> <output_object_file>

Under OSX 10.5 I changed the output target to mach-o-le and I get the following assertion:

BFD: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.19 assertion fail mach-o.c:166

I am using an Intel based mac and the fink disro of binutils so just to be sure I downloaded the 2.19.1 source and compiled. This issue occurs at the same location.

Is it possible to perform this sort of copy on mac OSX? I tried an alternative of using GNU inline assembler and the ".incbin" directive but this doesn't work on mac.

Regards,
--
Paul Glendenning
OpenPGP Key ID 0x880B6B5E, www.keyserver.net