Re: [patch testsuite ld]: Various fixes for the x86_64 pe target

2009/6/25 Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com>:
> Kai Tietz wrote:
>
>> Casting a pointer to the type 'int' on 64-bit systems in general leads
>> to "warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size".
>
> ?Not on an ILP64, but I don't think we support any of them anyway. ?Win64 is
> an LLP64 system, isn't it?

Yeah, for pe-coff targets we have at the moment just LP32 and LLP64.
But maybe we get in some time support for interix-64, where it would
be LP64 IIRC.

>> Therefore, before casting a pointer to integer scalar, you have to
>> convert it into a pointer-sized scalar (__SIZE_TYPE__ as gcc defines
>> it).
>>
>> I thought those fixes were pretty obvious here, sorry to use to lax
>> description in mail header.
>
> ?;) What's that image base thing about in the empty address test?

Well, all testcases having there dumpfiles for 32-bits. The default
imagebase for 64-bit pe-coff is different, therefore this takes care,
that offsets are equal for check.

> ? ?cheers,
> ? ? ?DaveK

Cheers,