Re: dependency tracking in ld

* Ian Lance Taylor wrote on Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 06:19:33PM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de> writes:
>
> > The removal of the cygnus Automake option requires a few changes in the
> > code.  I hope I got all relevant ones right.  The dependency tracking
> > should be tracking all files that have been tracked before, too.
> > However, there are still all the e*.o files which do not have dep
> > tracking yet.  If you want this, then please say so, because it's a
> > matter of adding something like this line:
> >   EXTRA_ld_new_SOURCES += $(ALL_EMULATIONS:.o=.c) $(ALL_64_EMULATIONS:.o=.c)
>
> I think that depencency tracking for the ld/emultempl/*.em would be
> appropriate.  They include a bunch of ld .h files.

OK good.  I have tested that combination, too.

Of the patch series in this email thread, only this patch you have
replied to (plus the above quoted EXTRA_ld_new_SOURCES line):
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.binutils/42956/focus=42957>
still need approval.

Thanks everyone for all the reviews so far!

Cheers,
Ralf