[Fwd: Behavior of Objcopy ehen performing strip command]

Hello!, my name is Ignacio Subirá and I'm new in the list.

I have a doubt that maybe someone over there can solve.

I'm performing a binary tailored for a special architecture in which I'm
performing a kind of engineering to make it adopt the shape I need to.

To be able to do this, I'm mostly using two of the applications of
binutils such as the linker with custom linker scripts and objcopy to
"clean" the final  binary.

I'm performing a strip and a remove command in the objcopy process.
The remove command, removes a section that is in the bottom of the binary
so nothing should be moved in the upper part but the strip command "slims"
the binary in such a way that I really understand.

The problem is that I need to access the binary stored in a flash memory
to recover different sections and store them in ram. To get to do this I
need to know where can I locate that sections. As far as I know, and
performing an objdump, I can see the logical, virtual and offset in elf
file addresses but in the case of the two sections I need, they are not
where they should.

In fact, they appear starting from the logical address plus the size of
the first section that I'm referring to.

Why is that?, and how can I find the address of these sections without
haveing to look for them in the binary in hex?.

I'm attaching part of the binary and the sections obtained from objdump so
you can inspect what is happening, in case you need more information to
diagnose or explain, tell me.

Thanks for your time and help,
Ignacio