Suppress "Start Linear Address Record" in ihex file

Our legacy loader for an embedded system chokes on record type 5, Start Linear Address Record, in intel hex files. But by default objcopy emits one of these records (2nd line from the end based on the address of .text). I found two ways to not produce these records but my usage seems undocumented and I don't want to do something that might break with future bug fixes. Here's the ways I have found to suppress the type 5 hex record from the ihex file:

1. In objcopy, use "--set-start=" with it set to no value. (Possibly setting to zero would also work.)

2. In link control file set "start=0;" (An address outside the defines space.)

3. I have also used sed to remove the one-line record.

Is this the correct way to suppress the "Start Linear Address" record from the ihex file?

Thanks,

-gene