Re: Add git mirror for binutils?

H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Jim Meyering <jim@meyering.net> wrote:
>> H.J. (or whoever can say, with authority),
>>
>> Do you want to keep all of the existing branches?
>> Are you interested in making any meta-data (authorship or log) changes,
>> e.g., if git commits should reflect an author different from the
>> cvs committer?
>>

> I only speak for myself. I only care about trunk and I'd like to keep all
> commit history so that git blame works correctly.

Here's a first cut:

    git clone git://sources.redhat.com/git/binutils

Determining which subdirectories of src/ to include
and ensuring that the mirroring process does the right
thing with those, and only those, was a little tricky.
Please ensure that all of the required parts (and no more)
are included in a git clone.

Also, while all branches *should* be included, I have made
no attempt to compare the contents of any git/cvs branches.
If you care about a particular branch, please ensure at least
that the same files are on the head of each.

The gitweb interface should work soon,

    http://sources.redhat.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils.git

but I don't have write access to the directory
that has to be changed to fix it.