Re: gold and 2.20 release

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 02:31:11PM -0700, Doug Kwan (éæå) wrote:
> I am still working on stub generation.

That's what stopped this C++ newbie when working on powerpc.  I'll be
very happy to use your work when you get it all sorted out.  :-)

I'm not sure now, but I think this was the killer:

// Get the input sections for linker script processing.  We leave
// behind the Output_section_data entries.  Note that this may be
// slightly incorrect for merge sections.  We will leave them behind,

I was using Output_section_data to build my stubs.  On powerpc64 with
large binaries the stubs need to be interspersed throughout the text
segment, so it was decidedly unhelpful of gold to rearrange input
sections like this.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM