Re: about Reloc Type: BFD_RELOC_8/16/32

Hi Daniel,

Is there any reference (like howto manual) tells me how to deal with
those kind of symbol?

Not really. :-( There are manuals that you can buy which cover how linkers work, but if you have already implemented relocations for function calls then you probably know most of that stuff already. I can recommend Ian Lance Taylor's blogs on how linkers work, especially these two:

  http://www.airs.com/blog/archives/39
  http://www.airs.com/blog/archives/43

like this:
	.file	"test_lib.c"
	.section .mdebug.abi32
	.section	.debug_abbrev,"",@progbits
.Ldebug_abbrev0:
	.section	.debug_info,"",@progbits
.Ldebug_info0:
	.section	.debug_line,"",@progbits
.Ldebug_line0:

There is relocation symbol ".debug_abbrev", how do I resolve this type
of relocation?

Can you provide a full example of the problem that you are trying to resolve ? Ie please include details of the target you are working with, the command lines that you use to assemble and disassemble the test case, and the output showing the relocs.

It sounds to me like you have a bug in your backend code for gas somewhere that is making it generate relocations when there is no need. Perhaps you can compare your backend code with the code for another (similar) target to see where they differ.

Cheers
  Nick