Re: Option -static

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> You can use -Bstatic -la -lb -ld -Bdynamic -le
> to link liba.a, libb.b, libd.a and libe.so (or libe.a if libe.a doesn't
> exist).

You are right, in my example,  but in general that means that you have
specific knowledge of which libs are static and which are in dynamic form
in the system.
I was thinking over a more wide approach where a certain lib doesnt not
exists on static form and of course you would still want the final linking to
take place right? In such a scenario if the ld decides by itself to use
what is available (prinitng a warning) violating the -static option seems
to me not that much wrong.

Anyway if thats the case withthe  out of the box gnu ld maybe gold hould
stick with it too.

Regards,