Re: IBM POWER6/AIX6 current state?

Franz Fehringer <fehrin@t-online.de> writes:
> I tried building binutils 2.20 on AIX 6.1 TL2 with the 10.1 version of
> the IBM C/C++ compiler and had to work around two small glitches to make
> this build a success:
> 1) In the binutils subfolder there are -Wno-error flags hardwired into
> Makefile.in which i removed.
> 2) The configure scripts activate -D_LARGE_FILES in config.h, but for
> the flex/bison generated sources system headers are included both before
> and after config.h, which is inconsistent (after with -D_LARGE_FILES
> before without) and leads to conflicts (lseek/lssek64 off_t/off64_t).
> The easy workaround was to add -D_LARGE_FILES to CPPFLAGS/CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS

Yeah, I was able to test yesterday, and hit the second problem.
I have a patch.  The fix for the first problem has already been
applied to the branch and so will be in 2.20.1.

I've also got a patch for the -mpwr* thing.  I've not finished testing
the GCC bootstrap yet though, so it'll be a few days before I submit them.

Richard