how to generate non-section-symbol related format of local labels for linker relaxation

Hi, all. I'm recently porting binutils 2-17 to my new arch. I'm stuck
on the linker relaxation phase. It is necessary  for me to make local
labels to be something as global. What's more, it would be a relief
for me to cope with these local labels in such format as

RELOCATION RECORDS FOR [.text]:
OFFSET   TYPE              VALUE
00000010 R_TOP_RUI19_2     .LC1

other than the format which has adjusted to be against the section symbols

OFFSET   TYPE              VALUE
00000010 R_TOP_RUI19_2     .rodata+0x00000030

And it now comes to the function tc_fix_adjustable. I set the value to
zero, but the result is somewhat ridiculous:

OFFSET   TYPE              VALUE
00000010 R_TOP_RUI19_2     .LC1+0x00000030

The functions seems to work, but only replaces the previous section
symbol .rodata with the local symbol .LC1, is there someone to show me
how to fix up this problem?
BTW, could it refer to the string merging, as .LC1 represents a const string?

--
He Xiao
Shanghai Jiaotong University, 800 Dongchuang Road, Shanghai, China