Re: PATCH: Support VER_FLG_INFO in readelf

Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> writes:

> I suppose the changes to elfcpp and gold are OK.  They seem kind of
> useless, though, since the is_info_ field will never be set to true.
> What would you expect to cause that field to be true?

Nothing at the moment.  Unless someone can verify that executables with
the VER_FLG_INFO flag set continue to work ld-linux.so.2, I'm very
reluctant to add code to either gld or gold to set that flag, perhaps
unless targetting Solaris 2.  And apart from an early experiment to see
if gold even compiles on non-Linux platforms, I've never tried to use
gold on Solaris 2 yet.

> Please do verify that the code compiles before committing it.

Will do, thanks.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University