Re: [GOLD] Handle merged input sections in Output_section::get_input_sections()

2010/4/6 Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>:

> I don't see how adding a get_input_sections method for merged sections
> could do the right thing. ?The sections should still be merged, and I
> don't see how that could happen if you pull out the input sections.
> As far as I can see the only reasonable choice is to also add merge
> sections to the list, and to arrange to handle merge sections in the
> various callers.

Yes, the section still needs to be merged.  What I had in mind was to
have get_input_sections method of a merged section returning all the
merged input sections it contains and these will be inserted into the
big list of input sections returned by
Output_section::get_input_sections.  After a second thought, I think
this is not correct because order of input sections are not correct.

-Doug