relocation table

Hello,

I'm trying to improvement application startup time. My application has many processes which are the same binary. One question recently came to my mind and I can't sleep well because of that.
I'm wondering why relocation table for shared library is not shared between two the same processes (in a sens that binary is the same)?
If the same binary is executed twice, why symbol resolution and relocation is done in each case? What could happen if relocation is done only once and then it is somehow delivered to the process which starts a s a second one?

And one more question. Let say that we are in the situation where we start process, this process loads shared library (dlopen) and then it forks and it clones himself (so that in the end we have two processes which are the same binary). In such situation is symbol resolution and relocation done by the second process also?

Thanks a lot
Kris