Re: libsim licensing (and bfd by extension)

On Fri 7 May 2010 14:25, Daniel Jacobowitz pondered:
> On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 02:24:25PM -0400, Robin Getz wrote:
> > On Tue 4 May 2010 23:12, Daniel Jacobowitz pondered:
> > > Also bits of sim are copyright others besides the FSF.
> >
> > I didn't think that was possible?
> >
> > (but - as you state - I do see lots of copyright ARM, Cygnus Solutions,
> > Sun Microsystems, European Space Agency, etc in the sim sources).
> >
> > Doesn't the sim require a copyright assignment to the FSF (like the
> > rest of the gdb/binutils does?)
>
> We'd like it to, but some things were not assigned to the FSF when
> they were originally contributed.  Beyond that, I don't know the
> history.

It's easy to remove them now. :)

If people want it to be added back - it's easy for them to sign the proper
forms.

I admit - a little Draconian - but it would get it to where you wanted it to
be.

Besides - some of the files which are not copyright FSF - aren't released
under the "GPL 2 or later"...

common/cgen-fpu.h
common/cgen-accfp.c
common/cgen-fpu.c

That needs to be fixed/resolved - doesn't it?