Re: arm-elf float-abi defaults...

DJ Delorie wrote:

> I discovered that if you build a plain arm-elf toolchain, the default
> float-abis for gcc and gas don't match.  I added this patch locally to
> make it "just work" but it seems to me it would be better to have the
> defaults match, although I'm not sure how to enforce that.  Comments?
> Suggestions?

I am strongly of the opinion that the right way to do this is to have
the compiler generate appropriate directives in the assembly files it
generates -- and to have users do the same.  Relying on the defaults is
just too dangerous.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to get the defaults to match up,
but making it explicit is the right thing to do.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery