Re: Linker script and dependency search path

On Thu, 20 May 2010, Ludovic CourtÃs wrote:
> Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com> writes:
> > You're looking for -rpath-link; cf. ld.info.
>
> Yes, but that?s inconvenient for the libc itself: I find it more
> convenient if linking with glibc just works without passing additional
> flags (as on GNU/Linux), and augmenting the linker script does that
> nicely.

I forgot how I actually do it: everything works nicely after you
edit the installed linker-scripts libc.so and libpthread.so to
include the full paths to the mentioned files; no sysroots or
-rpath-links needed (except of course when building another
library that depends on yet another library).

brgds, H-P