Re: Scheduling x86 dispatch windows

> It would help compilation time a little bit, but generating the
> assembly code and running the entire assembler is a fairly small
> percentage of the overall compilation time--e.g., 3%.  It's worth
> doing a fair amount of work to speed up compilation by 3%, but linking
> the assembler into gcc would be an enormous amount of work.  I would

Curious -- why do you think it would be that much work?

I admit I haven't looked into gas code, but naively it can't
be all that difficult to e.g. run gas as a thread and
pass the text input through some shared memory buffer?

That would likely not speed up thinks too much, but
it could be a starting for more short cuts.

-Andi