Re: Compiling under MSYS

Hi all,

I ended up resolving this problem. I got an email one morning from the mingw-w64 group about an updated MSYS package, so I downloaded that and everything worked fine.

I ended up running into some other problems (un-related to BinUtils I think) later on down the road and that coupled with some other things forced me to use a pre-compiled package (TDM-GCC).

"Dave Korn" <dave.korn.cygwin@gmail.com> wrote:
- could your computer have some memory or other hardware fault? Might be
worth running http://www.memtest.org/ on it overnight and seeing if anything
shows up.

Might give this a run anyways, should be interesting to see what comes up.

- do you have any other gnu/unix tools on your computer? Make sure there's
nothing like Cygwin, ActiveState perl or python, gnuwin32, MKS or SFU in your
PATH during the build if so.

The only other tools I had was a mingw32 build which is what I was using to compile BinUtils for the cross-compiler.

- finally, what if any security software do you have installed?

I do have Norton 360 installed and while that was giving me some problems (Apparently a.exe is a bad name for a program as far as Norton is concerned) once I had excluded my mingw and MSYS directories from scans I didnt see any more problems from Norton. I think I have 1 or 2 other programs on that BLODA list installed on my system but I do not think they are the cause of any problems I have had.

Thanks everyone for all of your help.

Regards
Bidski