Re: binutils 2.20.1+gcc 4.4.3 on mipsel question

KertÃsz Csaba <csaba.kertesz@gmail.com> writes:
> My major problem, that I do not know anything about the target device
> implementation of loading the binaries, there is no Linux-like system
> there, the ELF objects are loaded during the boot process and I can
> see only very minimal error message on the console if the boot fails
> because of an incorrect binary.

Yeah, I bet that's hard to debug.

What you're trying to do sounds similar to the PowerPC -mrelocatable
option, but unfortunately, MIPS doesn't have that...

> An other question, can I force the gcc compiler somehow to use
> R_MIPS_32 all the time and forget about R_MIPS_26? I do not know how
> well the target device can handle this type and I can see some after
> every compilation.

-fpie, -fPIE, -fpic and -fPIC do that too (as well as avoiding
R_MIPS_HI16 and R_MIPS_LO16, I mean).

Richard