Re: mips asm questions

These questions are mostly about the Linux kernel rather than Binutils. Perhaps asking in a Linux kernel forum would be better. However...

On 08/04/2010 09:41 AM, loody wrote:
Dear all:
I have some questions about mips code:
1. what is LEAF and NESTED used for? The macro define of them seems
the same except the frame size.
what is that used for?

A LEAF function is a function that doesn't call any other functions.

A NESTED function does call other functions.

2. when I trace kernel code I find there are a lot assembly directory
which are not defined in as document, even in the section of mips
depend.

This one I cannot parse.

David Daney