Re: Question on symbol versioning

> I have no explanation why the dynamic linker would not select the
> default version in this case.

As far as I can see, It's better to select the oldest version, rather than
the latest version, since it's more portable, doesn't it?

After grepping dynamic loader's source codes, I found
there are some comments might be relative to this behavior in do-lookup.h,
like:

	       These two lookups need to be handled differently if the
	       library defines versions.  In the case of the old
	       unversioned application the oldest (default) version
	       should be used.  In case of a dlsym() call the latest and
	       public interface should be returned.  */

unfortunately, I've never read codes of dynamic loader before, so not sure
about this or the codes.

Thanks very much for all your explanation.

--
Best Regards.