Re: fixup arm ld tests

On 09/09/10 13:28, Matthew Gretton-Dann wrote:
On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 12:54 +0100, Nathan Sidwell wrote:
This patch fixes up a bunch of arm linker tests that were failing.  The tests
are quite sensitive to .plt and .got placement, and the base addresses appear to
have moved due to other linker changes, I guess.

In several cases I was able to make the test less sensitive, by relaxing regexps
appropriately.  for instance we often only care about relative displacement, and
that is captured in the instruction encoding and also symbol name, so the
absolute address can be ignored.

built and tested for arm-none-linux-gnueabi, ok?

I do not see these failures when targetting arm-none-eabi [x86 host] or arm-none-linux-gnueabi [arm-none-linux-gnueabi host] (with current HEAD). Applying your patch causes the tests you modify to fail.

curious.

What environment are you in when you see the failures?

host is i686-pc-linux, and target is arm-none-linux-gnueabi Can you suggest anything else to investigate?

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::         CodeSourcery