Re: C6x gas fix for GOT relocs

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Bernd Schmidt wrote:

> Here's a patch that adds a tic6x_fix_adjustable function to the C6x
> assembler. Like in several other targets, we must prevent the assembler
> from creating GOT relocs with an offset, e.g. for "const.str.1.1 + n",
> rather than just for a symbol. Strictly speaking this isn't necessary
> just yet as the linker has no support for these relocs, but I'm working
> on that.
>
> Is the patch ok?  Does it need an extra assembler testcase?  This
> failure shows up numerous times in the gcc testsuite.

Adding this for the GOT relocations is OK; there should be an assembler
test added covering each of the affected relocations.  I don't believe any
checks for BFD_RELOC_VTABLE_INHERIT and BFD_RELOC_VTABLE_ENTRY should be
added to this assembler port; there are no corresponding C6X ELF
relocations so those BFD relocations (and the .vtable_inherit and
.vtable_entry assembler directives) are useless for this target, and those
directives were to support the GCC -fvtable-gc option which was removed in
GCC 3.4 so it would hardly make any sense to add support for them now.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com