Re: New linker option --dsbt_index for C6x; c6x-uclinux fixes

On 09/29/2010 04:07 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

>>> I see no existing documentated "--" options containing "_".  The normal
>>> style would definitely be --dsbt-index.
>>
>> I realized this.  The TI linker uses --dsbt_index, so I felt that there
>> could be a Makefile compatibility argument here.  I don't feel strongly
>> either way.
>
> There are enough differences between TI and GNU command-line arguments
> that I really don't think compatibility is likely; we should just follow
> normal GNU style here.

Changed.  However, note that there's also the wrapper that converts
GNU-style command line options into something the TI compiler/linker
understand.  That one also accepts --dsbt_index.

With Alan's comments, I've arrived at the patch below.

Bernd