Re: Stopping GAS from resolving IFUNC symbols itself

Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:51:21AM +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
>> Patch tested on x86_64-linux-gnu.  Since the patch touches only
>> target-independent code, I intend to commit it in a couple of days
>> unless there are objections.
>
> Please don't commit without further testing.  AOUT, COFF, PE etc.

OK.

> I'll be surprised if this patch doesn't break something..

Well, I'd be disappointed if it did TBH.  On those targets,
the extra S_FORCE_RELOC checks just reject undefined and common
symbols.  Such symbols should be rejected already (via SEG_NORMAL, etc.).

I'm going through your list of test targets just to be sure.
I've got up to ia64-elf so far, and everything seems happy.
I'll test the rest overnight.

Richard