Re: time to be serious about dropping CVS

Joël,

> One of the things that we could think about, is getting away from
> our 'partial checkout' way of getting the sources. It's convenient,
> but it is also makes us utterly dependent on CVS. I think there is
> a simple solution to that:

Just to note that Git has support for partial checkout. Maybe this would
help transition. As it is a common misconception I'd like to mention
that Git support /partial checkout/ and NOT /partial fetch/. That is,
the whole repository is fetched and you can just checkout the part that
you want to work on. This is hardly a problem as the network support in
Git is very efficient.

--
  Pascal Obry