Re: The meaning of LMA and location counter in GNU ld

ali hagigat <hagigatali@gmail.com> writes:

> 3.6.8.2 Output Section LMA
> If neither AT nor AT> is specified for an allocatable section, the
> linker will set the LMA such that the difference between VMA and LMA
> for the section is the same as the preceding output section in the
> same region.
> I wonder if you can give an example regarding to the above lines of the manual.

This seems like a question that you can answer yourself, by simply
writing a script which omits AT and AT>.  The words seem completely
clear in any case, so I don't know how to answer except to repeat the
text that you have quoted.

You are asking a lot of questions.  I'm willing to answer specific
questions.  But I would like to encourage you to take some time to think
about this stuff, and to experiment with it.  While there is certainly a
lot of terminology to learn, it's not that hard to figure out the
basics.  If you work with it yourself, you will most likely learn it
better.  It will also give you the chance to ask more specific
questions, like "I tried this, I expected X, but instead I saw Y; why?".

Ian