Re: PATCH: PR ld/12277: Linker error: "final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output"

On 01/02/2011 20:38, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This patch avoids reporting undefined symbols referenced from plugin
> dummy.  Any objections?

  I'm working on a different plan that I think would be more complete and
requires only modifying ld.  Can you see any reason why this would not work:

  After reading all input files, but before calling the plugin's
all_symbols_read hook, run down the list of undefs; find any that came
originally from IR-only dummy BFDs; delete them by setting the type of the
link hash entry back to bfd_hash_new and marking the section they came from
SEC_EXCLUDE; finally call bfd_link_repair_undef_list to remove them from the
undefs chain.

  I'd rather do it that way if it works.

    cheers,
      DaveK