Re: PATCH: PR ld/12277: Linker error: "final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output"

On 01/02/2011 21:28, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 01/02/2011 21:18, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>> It may work. But do you really need IRONLY_SUFFIX and
>>> IRONLY_SUFFIX_LEN?
>>  Perhaps not, but that's orthogonal; let's separate the two issues.  (Also,
>> it would still be nice if we could perhaps avoid changing bfd but find some
>> other way to recognize an IR dummy BFD when we see one; I'm not certain
>> whether that's possible yet though.)
>>

> Not really orthogonal.

  Have no idea what you're talking about.  Orthogonal means it can be
considered separately.  The mechanism by which we detect an IR file is
entirely orthogonal to the question of what we subsequently *do* with it.

    cheers,
      DaveK