Re: Work done for Incremental link so far ?

>> Could you please provide me with pointers for starting - what was
>> already implemented, what are the next TODOs, is there any IRC channel
>> to discuss this work and so on...
>
> There is work being done to support incremental linking in the gold
> linker. ?Cary Coutant, CC'ed, is doing this work. ?I think it's mostly a
> set of patches in his own working directory, though. ?There is some
> design discussion at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GoldIncrementalLinking . ?I
> don't know how up to date that is.

Yeah, I haven't been sending the patches very regularly, sorry. I'm in
bug-fixing mode right now, and will start feeding patches upstream
shortly, as soon as I get around to doing a git rebase -i to put them
into some semblance of a reasonable order. I did post a set of patches
back in September -- Ian reviewed the first of those and I committed
it, but I'll resubmit the other four.

I need to update the wiki page to reflect the current implementation
-- I've had to add a field to track the section index for global
symbols in relocatable objects, a flag for whether a symbol is defined
or referenced in shared objects, an is_in_system_directory flag for
each input file, and a count of local symbols for each input file.

-cary