Re: extract debuginfo for Xorg backtraces

 Well, I have already resolved the problem by either just taking the
offsets for the so-s or if available by using /proc/pid/maps to
calculate them (works better).
 Now the next riddle is on how to obtain the load base for a kernel
module in order to decode crashes related to kernel modules (lsmod
does not seem to be useful since it only shows the size but not the
load base).

  Why is it no more possible to save the kernel`s call interface per
dd from /proc/self/mem into a file? - dd if=/proc/self/mem
of=/dld/linux-gate.so.1 skip=$((0xffffe000)) count=1 bs=4096
How does ldd obtain the kernel address 0xffffe000 of the call gate
window - it apparently does not appear in /proc/self/maps (just the
window where it shows up.). Can I open this with libbfd?