Re: common symbols

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:06:33AM +0330, ali hagigat wrote:
> As far as I understood "common symbol" is defined and it is part of
> the input section named, COMMON. But that depends on assembler. For
> GNU as, it seems that we can not define common symbol!!

For which target is gas not heeding your attempts?
What assembler syntax are you using to specify the input section of your
test code?
What are the error messages?

If your linker script lacks a "COMMON" input section, you are free to
add it. The first linker script I glanced at has it by default, and not
surprisingly, it is in the .bss output section.

Erik

--
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite."