Re: PATCH: Report plugin symbol status

On 03/03/2011 03:39, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 02/03/2011 19:55, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This patch reports plugin symbol status for --verbose.  It can
>>> be used to debug LTO plugin symbol issues.  OK for trunk?
>>  What sort of size inflation in the logfiles of a real-world link is this
>> likely to cause?  I would expect it to be a significant inflation, in which
>> case maybe a separate option would be more convenient than changing the
>> existing --verbose behaviour.
>>

> I can add a new switch.

  Thank you HJ, I think it would be good.  At the moment it's very common to
use --verbose to debug problems with -L options in makefiles, and I think that
could become a good deal more difficult for end-users if there is also a huge
amount of one-entry-per-symbol-in-the-whole-project debug info coming.

    cheers,
      DaveK