Re: Specify section for whole .a static library

I forget to mention the background. The project runs on arm9 processor
compiled with gcc 4.4.5 with binutils 2.21. I have tested the same
steps on pc using mingw (binutils 2.20) and there following syntax
works fine

SECTIONS {
  .foo { slibrary.a(.text) }
 }

But why this is not possible for arm-elf target?

regards
Jan